Coming off what could be considered as one of its most extensive preparations for a tournament after not playing a competitive match at home in a decade, The Philippine Women’s National Football Team, now begins its Southeast Asian Games 2019 campaign against one of the region’s powerhouses Myanmar tonight, November 26, in Biñan Football Stadium.
The Philippine team has been drawn in Group A along with Myanmar and Malaysia, and with the current pool of competitors, the hosts – under the guidance of head coach Let Dimzon – have a high chance of getting to the semifinals/medal rounds.
Although there has been no official posting yet from the social media channels of the squad, based on some reliable posts, the Philippines are working on a 20-player roster that may be the final list that will compete in the biennial tournament.
[UPDATE: The Philippine Women’s Football Team just officially released their squad]
- Inna Palacios (Green Archers United)
- Kimberly Pariña (Far Eastern University)
- Claire Lim (University of California – Santa Cruz)
- Hali Long (Green Archers United)
- Alesa Dolino (Outkast FC)
- Patrice Impelido (Stallion-Hiraya FC)
- Mea Bernal (Outkast FC)
- Chelo Marie Hodges (Green Archers United)
- Tara Shelton (De LaSalle University)
- Cathrine Graversen (B.93 Pigefodbod [Denmark])
- Camille Rodriguez (Stallion-Hiraya FC)
- Sara Castañeda (De La Salle University)
- Charisa Lemoran (University of Santo Tomas)
- Hazel Lustan (University of Santo Tomas)
- Eloiza Fagsao (University of the Philippines)
- Quinley Quezada (University of California – Riverside)
- Alisha Del Campo (De La Salle University)
- Shela Mae Cadag (University of Santo Tomas)
- Sarina Bolden (Sandvikens IF [Sweden])
- Eva Madarang (Doncaster Rovers Belles)
After the opener against Myanmar on November 26, the Philippine Women’s Team will next face Malaysia on November 29, also in Biñan Football Stadium.
Photo credit: Philippine Women’s National Football Team Facebook page